Stories and legends of the Gothic Quarter Walking Tour
Would you like to know how people used to live in Medieval Barcelona? Travel through time and discover its stories, its characters, their relation with the quarter and the way they lived and thought.
Walk around the narrow medieval streets and travel back in time to discover the enthralling history of Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter thanks to this amazing walking tour. The remains of medieval times hidden in these streets, will help us to give life to the unknown corners of the city that doesn´t appear in the guidebooks!
*Exclusive product of ICONO Serveis Culturals
This tour starts in Plaça Nova, passing the ancient city gate of Barcino, and continues through the Jewish quarter (Call) and its many squares such as: Plaza de Sant Jaume (where the city hall is located); Plaça del Rei , Plaça de l’Àngel , Argenteria Street and Santa María del Mar. It ends in front of the Santa Caterina Market.
At the end of the tour, you will enjoy a pintxos tasting in a traditional Tapas Bar of El Born, an area famous for its wineries and small designer shops.
- Thursdays at 3,30 pm (bilingual english/spanish). Saturdays at 10 am (french only). Sundays at 10 am (english only)
- Starting point: Plaça Nova, n.5 . ( In front of Col.legi d’Arquitectes de Catalunya) http://goo.gl/maps/LeNOe
- Duration: 2h 30min approx walking tour.
- Highlights : Monument Barcino, Casa de l’Ardiaca, Call Jueu (Jewish Quarter), Plaça del Pi, Sant Just i Pastor Church, Augustus Temple, Gargoyles Cathedral , Plaça del Rei, Argenteria Street, Santa Maria del Mar church.
- Price: 15€ and includes a guide and pintxos tasting (1 pintxo and 1 drink)
Tags: Histories, legends, Gothic Quarter, Cathedral, Barcelona, Walking Tour, Taste